5.11.2010

here we go!

While this isn't my first foray into the world of online writing (myspace died a quick and painless death, and livejournal never caught on as I was still focused on college...), I hope that this time I will see it through and make it a habit. I hope this will provide another way to keep in touch with my family and friends, keep them "in the loop"- since we live all over the world.

Last week, I completed my second semester of graduate school at Loyola University Chicago. I'm studying Student Affairs Administration in Higher Education. This will allow me to work in many aspects of student services at colleges and universities across the country. I want to work to start fixing some of the major issues with our system of education. It makes me personally upset when I hear about students who are not given the consideration or quality services that they deserve, as well as when I hear about all the trouble many students have even getting to college. A college education is no longer an option in this country- our information based workforce demands it. I hope to spend my career working to extend quality educational opportunities to more students, and helping them succeed during and after their time in higher ed.

Mark and I moved to the Gold Coast neighborhood in February, and we just LOVE our building. The amenities are amazing, the staff is friendly, and the location can't be beat. (if you're looking for a great place to live downtown Chicago, let us know!) He is an amazing sounding board in my life- he keeps me motivated, supported, and believes in me more than I can even imagine. His new job is going really well, and we're SO thankful that we have been able to establish ourselves together here in Chicago.

We just got home from my sister Meg's college graduation from IUPUI. It was a rushed weekend, but I got to see Shannon, meet Meg's boyfriend, see the family, have Mother's Day brunch, and celebrate with Meg. Now we're home trying to recoup, organize the apartment, and get ready for summer!

May 22nd we have a wedding in Detroit, my Orientation activities at Illinois Tech begin June 16th, and we have another wedding July 4th weekend in Cincinnati! On top of that, family and friends will be visiting throughout the summer- hoping to enjoy the beach, shopping, and our rooftop deck!

There's a quick update on life. Let me know how life is with you =)

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment