5.17.2010

settling into summer...

Classes have ended, students have graduated, grades have been posted.... (I lost my 4.0 by 0.055! sad day....) and I'm finally realizing that it is my first real summer in Chicago. This is my third summer here, but the last two I have spent working several part-time jobs which often kept me busy Friday through Sunday. I've missed all of the wonderful free festivals and celebrations that characterize summer in this city.

Mark and I are looking forward to hosting many of our friends this sunny season- we have planned at least 4 weekends of friends and family visiting so far, and are anticipating more! We LOVE summers in Chicago, and can't wait to share it with our loved ones.

Reflecting and writing about my plans, dreams, goals, and bumps in the road has helped me sleep easier and feel calmer about the perspective that I have on my life. It's easy to get caught up and feel overwhelmed by all of the unanswered questions and frustrations that life brings your way, and I was certainly getting bogged down by everything. I know that I have amazing people in my life who support me no matter what. I have a plan. I have a dream. I am passionate about giving my students the best possible experience in college that they can have- and beyond that, I am passionate about fixing the system so that more students can graduate and feel confident that they are on the best path for a successful future.

I'll keep updating and sorting through all of this. For now- roasted chicken, risotto, and a nice glass of wine. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment